Wednesday, October 20, 2010

wishing...

Wishing.

There are experiences in my life that make me grateful for what I have, and cause me to think that I should live with less and appreciate all of the small things. To be creative with my resources, and focus my money on charity and on savings for the future.

Then, there always comes that longing for something new. Something you crave. Something you saw on someone else that you just have to go buy for yourself. Something you saw in the latest J Crew catalog that for a split second you really think you won't be able to live without.

Then your senses hit you and you realize you can't spend $300 for whatever that item is. So maybe you get the knock-off or cheaper version at Target or some sort of thrift store. Then, since cheap things usually perform cheaply in the end, you end up with a purchase that doesn't withstand wear, or fades, or frays around the edges. So, I'm asking-wishing- I knew when to spend my money and/or splurge, and when to save. There are thousands of blogs about this very topic but I feel like I can hardly ever relate to their writing. Help!

I'm trying to think of something I've paid full price for that I've never regretted in the end. I can't! Can you?

No comments: