Sunday, November 7, 2010

Whites too blah?

All of the interior pictures I was saving for a while from different blogs were pure white rooms with only subtle pops of color in accents. I still find myself drawn to that look, but a part of me is attracted to boho-chic, eclectic worldly style-blends of faded jewel tones, worn in textiles and antiques. And I think that's more naturally me. Not that I need to define myself under a certain style at all, why do people always do that? I somehow feel obligated. Probably the Catholic in me or something. I don't know. Anyway, while I was watching Hanna Montana with my eleven-year-old sister after dinner tonight, I pulled up Anthro's sale section and found this gorgeous Mila rug. Thinking it fits in with that whole boho-chic theme? Makes me think of Mandy Moore's house a little in the movie Because I Said So. I love the way they styled her and her life in that movie.

No comments: